iproute2 not function on CAN FD

Wenyou.Yang at microchip.com Wenyou.Yang at microchip.com
Sun Feb 19 17:12:52 PST 2017

Hello,

I am testing the CAN FD of M_CAN on the SAMA5D2 Xplained board,
when using the ip tool from iprounte2 suite to set the CAN interface,
it doesn't work with the message "RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported".
--->8----
# ip link set can0 type can bitrate 125000 dbitrate 8000000 fd on
RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
---8<---

The version of iproute2 suite: 4.5.0 (iproute2-4.5.0)
--->8----
# ip -V
ip utility, iproute2-ss160314
---8<----

The kernel version: 4.9.0

I have looked on google to try to find a solution, it seems that my kernel configuration is missing something,
http://superuser.com/questions/232807/iproute2-not-functioning-rtnetlink-answers-operation-not-supported

According to the document, I enabled the below options based on arch/arm/configs/sama5_defconfig, it still doesn't work.

--->8----
CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER=y
CONFIG_IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES=y

CONFIG_NETFILTER=y