[RFC v2 5/7] ASoC: stm32: add DFSDM DAI support

Jonathan Cameron jic23 at kernel.org
Sun Feb 19 06:56:05 PST 2017

On 14/02/17 17:45, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 05:38:27PM +0100, Arnaud Pouliquen wrote:
>
> This looks basically fine as a system specific driver but as some of the
> comments in here say there's bits of it could perhaps be genericised but
> I'm not sure we need to do that right now.  I'm not sure the abstraction
> is exactly comfortable but having another bit of hardware doing a bridge
> to IIO might be the best way to figure out something better.
Agreed.  To an extent we are fishing around in the dark at the moment.
Lets wait until we have a few more cases of similar hardware before trying
too much generalization.  This is acting as a good exploration of what
is needed.

Ideally Lars might upstream some of the other bits he has in his tree
to do with DSP processing on ADC streams and that might provide us with
more clues on generality (at least at the lowest layers)
(Apparently he's busy - though he always makes that excuse :)
Joking aside, the exploration Analog and in particular Lars does around
pushing the limits of how things interact is always useful!)