Question about PTE_CONT in linux_4.10

Wangxuefeng (E) wxf.wang at hisilicon.com
Mon Feb 13 00:04:03 PST 2017

Hi Jeremy,

	I has a question about change access permission(X-executable) in linux_4.10 when continuous bit enable.
	In linux_4.10, the memories allocated by kmalloc are always set PTE_PXN and PTE_CONT. When I need change the access permission of the kmalloc area to make it has executable permission(clear PXN), what interface can I use?
    The set_memory_x only change the PTE_PXN, but it doesn't change continuous bit. If only a 4K page change the permission, TLB conflict will happen. Is there any other interface can change the permission?

Thanks,
Xuefeng