[BUG] usb: gadget: Kernel oops with UVC USB gadget and configfs

Robert Jarzmik robert.jarzmik at free.fr
Sun Feb 12 04:02:52 PST 2017

Petr Cvek <petr.cvek at tul.cz> writes:

> Hi
>
> any news?

Yeah, I don't have the error on my mainstone, which kind of hinders my debug
capability.

I have tried your script, and this is what I get :
  - dmesg | tail
	random: crng init done
	gadgetfs: USB Gadget filesystem, version 24 Aug 2004
	configfs-gadget gadget: uvc_function_bind
	[DEBUG] opts->streaming_maxpacket=256
	====name: ep1in-int, mp=16
	====name: ep1in-int, mp=16
	====name: ep2in-int, mp=16
	====name: ep3out-int, mp=16
	====name: ep4in-iso, mp=256
  - lsmod
	usb_f_uvc              40752  6
	libcomposite           38099 14 usb_f_uvc
	pxa27x_udc             21131  0
	gadgetfs               16173  0
	videobuf2_vmalloc       4659  1 usb_f_uvc
	videobuf2_memops        1421  1 videobuf2_vmalloc

This was tried on a mainstone board, upon mainline kernel v4.8-rc3 with your
patch. but without an actual camera nor the USB cable attached to a host USB.

Cheers.

--
Robert