[GIT PULL] ARM: mvebu: dt for v4.11 (#3)

Gregory CLEMENT gregory.clement at free-electrons.com
Tue Feb 7 06:35:25 PST 2017

Hi Arnd,

 On mar., févr. 07 2017, Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:15:10 PM CET Gregory CLEMENT wrote:
>> mvebu dt for 4.11 (part 3)
>>
>> Add support for Marvell switches with integrated CPUs based on Armada XP

>> Chris Packham (2):
>>       ARM: dts: mvebu: Add device tree for 98DX3236 SoCs
>>       ARM: dts: mvebu: Add device tree for db-dxbc2 and db-xc3-24g4xg boards
>
> Pulled into next/dt, nice to see this getting added! Just for my information,
> do we also support the actual switch driver in Linux, or just the parts that
> are common with Armada?

Currently it is only the common parts with Armada XP. Adding switches
support seems a big task, see the answer of Chris Packham about it:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2017-January/476910.html

And also the switch of this family seems different of the one having
support in the dsa subsystem:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2017-January/477063.html

Thanks,

Gregory