[BUG] usb: gadget: Kernel oops with UVC USB gadget and configfs

Robert Jarzmik robert.jarzmik at free.fr
Sat Feb 4 14:42:01 PST 2017

Petr Cvek <petr.cvek at tul.cz> writes:

> Setting the UVC gadget with configfs and then reloading UDC controler driver
> (pxa27x_udc) causes kernel to fail.
>
> UDC subsystem was patched only in decreasing maxpacket size for UVC, addition
> of more predefined endpoints for pxa27x_udc and addition of some debugging pr_info.
>
> Practically same behaviour was observed on 4.7.0 too.
Hi Petr,

If you could provide me your "debug patch" for the new endpoints, packet size
and pr_infos, I could try to reproduce on my platform and have a look.

I must say that I'm not familiar with uvc, so I can only suppose you're trying
to stream the magician camera to USB to "act" like a Webcam, is it what you're
trying to achieve ?

Cheers.

--
Robert