DT dtc warnings

Alexandre Belloni alexandre.belloni at free-electrons.com
Fri Dec 15 11:21:28 PST 2017

On 15/12/2017 at 08:34:55 +0100, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Alexandre Belloni
> <alexandre.belloni at free-electrons.com> wrote:

> >> That's the point - they do not have unit address.
> >>

> > Should they be put under the syscon they are using?
>
> They are not using syscon but regmap provided by such external IP
> block (for example this:
> http://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/v4.15-rc3/source/arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos3250.dtsi#L153).
> I guess you are proposing something like on imx7s:
> http://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/v4.15-rc3/source/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx7s.dtsi#L539

Yeah, exactly.

Another example here:
http://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/v4.15-rc3/source/arch/arm/boot/dts/gemini.dtsi#L32

It seems your poweroff and reboot bits are in registers that are in the
pmu_system_controller so it makes sense to put them under it. I would
even remove the regmap property and get the regmap from the parent
first. This can easily be done while keeping the ABI backward
compatibility.

--
Alexandre Belloni, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering