DT dtc warnings

Krzysztof Kozlowski krzk at kernel.org
Thu Dec 14 23:34:55 PST 2017

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Alexandre Belloni
<alexandre.belloni at free-electrons.com> wrote:
> On 15/12/2017 at 08:23:39 +0100, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:

>> > If these nodes have registers, then they should have a unit address
>> > and reg property.
>>
>> That's the point - they do not have unit address.
>>

> Should they be put under the syscon they are using?

They are not using syscon but regmap provided by such external IP
block (for example this:
http://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/v4.15-rc3/source/arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos3250.dtsi#L153).
I guess you are proposing something like on imx7s:
http://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/v4.15-rc3/source/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx7s.dtsi#L539

That makes sense... I am not sure how this would be related to the
warning itself but anyway it looks logically.

Best regards,
Krzysztof