stmmac still supporting spear600 ?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Apr 20 13:01:39 PDT 2017

Viresh, Shiraz,

As the SPEAr600 platform maintainers, have you tested Ethernet in
recent times, especially with a MII PHY ? I'm still struggling to get
it working. Quick summary:

 - The same kernel works fine on another SPEAr600 platform that has a
   GMII PHY

 - The SPEAr600 platform with a MII PHY has Ethernet working fine under
   U-Boot (TFTP works), so the HW is known to be working.

 - I've compared the values of the MAC registers between U-Boot and
   Linux, and traced all the PHY registers read/write over the MDIO
   bus, and compared the traces between U-Boot and Linux. Found a few
   differences, but solving them didn't change the problem.

I'm suspecting the problem is not directly in the MAC/PHY
configuration. Would you have some hints like clock configuration, or
other system-level configuration that could affect this? Especially the
TXCLK from the PHY is not coming in through the same pin when in GMII
and MII mode it seems. Does this needs some special configuration?

Any hint/idea would definitely be welcome.

Thanks a lot!

Thomas

--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons