stmmac still supporting spear600 ?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Apr 12 06:05:58 PDT 2017

Hello,

Thanks again for your answer, sorry for the delay, I was away from the
spear600 board for a while.

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 08:16:50 +0200, Giuseppe CAVALLARO wrote:

> I tested the SMSC on other platform (+ stmmac), not on SPEAr.

OK. But I believe there might be a SPEAr specific issue here, which
might explain why you don't reproduce the problem.

> ok for reset, keep the radar on clock. Hmm, can you attach a piece of
> log file to see the failure?

During the boot, nothing bad:

libphy: Fixed MDIO Bus: probed
stmmaceth e0800000.ethernet: no reset control found
stmmac - user ID: 0x10, Synopsys ID: 0x32
 Ring mode enabled
 DMA HW capability register supported Normal descriptors
libphy: stmmac: probed
eth0: PHY ID 0007c0c4 at 31 IRQ POLL (stmmac-0:1f) active

Then, when upping the interface:

# ifconfig eth0 up
eth0: device MAC address 00:30:d3:21:22:60
stmmaceth e0800000.ethernet: Failed to reset the dma
stmmac_hw_setup: DMA engine initialization failed
stmmac_open: Hw setup failed
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Device or resource busy

As I said earlier, the "Failed to reset the dma" is because
dwmac_dma_reset() returns -EBUSY because the DMA reset bit never
clears. Again, we see the same behavior in U-Boot (DMA reset bit never
clears), but Ethernet does work in U-Boot.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons