[Patch v4 12/12] Documention: v4l: Documentation for HEVC CIDs

Sylwester Nawrocki s.nawrocki at samsung.com
Fri Apr 7 03:26:31 PDT 2017

On 04/07/2017 12:03 PM, Smitha T Murthy wrote:
>>> +``V4L2_CID_MPEG_VIDEO_HEVC_LF``
>>> +    Indicates loop filtering. Control ID 0 indicates loop filtering
>>> +    is enabled and when set to 1 indicates no filter.
 >>
>> "Setting this control to 0 enables loop filtering, setting this control
>> to 1 disables loop filtering." ?
>>
>> Couldn't the meaning be inverted, so setting the control to 0 disables
>> the loop filtering?
>>
>>From register point of view, this control value needs be 0 to enable
> loop filtering.

OK, this is true for our specific hardware/firmware implementation.

In general, for this user space interface I would rather define that
boolean control so value 1 enables LF and value 0 disables LF.
The driver could simply negate the value when writing registers.

BTW we might need to specify type of the control here as Hans suggested
commenting on other control.

--
Regards,
Sylwester