Can not play audio with screen off

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Sun May 15 12:31:06 PDT 2016

Hi!

I'm playing some more with N900, this time I'd like to use it as a
alarm clock...

And now I realized I can not, because system performance is so
horrible with screen off that mpg123 + pulseaudio skips horribly. This
is without tweaking serial parameters, so CPU is definitely not going
into the idle/off modes.

Hmm. And it seems to work better if I ssh in and launch mpg123
remotely. Weird.

Kernel 4.5-rc0. Will try on different ones.

Any ideas? Is there interface to tell kernel that better performance
is needed for a while?

Thanks,

									Pavel