[Patch v5 0/8] Qualcomm SCM Rework
andy.gross at linaro.org
Thu May 12 20:46:53 PDT 2016
The following set of patches does a bit of rework on the existing
Qualcomm SCM firmware. The first couple of patches deals with turning
the current SCM into a platform driver. The next couple are cleanups
that make adding the 64 support a little easier. I added in a patch to
convert the scm-32 to use DMA streaming APIs.
I took Kumar's 64 bit support patch and modified it to use the arm_smccc
calls. This simplified things quite a bit.
Lastly, there are a few DT patches to add the firmware node for a couple of the
Changes from v4:
* Fix Documentation error
* Fix misc review comments
Changes from v3:
* Added compatibles for the specific platforms requiring one clock.
* All other platforms will use the generic binding that requires 3 clocks.
Changes from v2:
* Added use of streaming DMA APIs for scm-32.
* Changed DT binding to simplify compats.
* Removed Kconfig.platform change that selected QCOM_SCM for ARM64
* Fixed misc comments
* Changed init function to populate the device differently.
* Fixed missing of_node_put
Changes from v1:
* Changed binding to reflect proper firmware node usage
* Added arch_initcall to populate the firmware device, if present
* Fixed various review comments
* Removed extraneous includes from SCM 64 file.
Andy Gross (7):
dt/bindings: firmware: Add Qualcomm SCM binding
firmware: qcom: scm: Convert SCM to platform driver
firmware: qcom: scm: Use atomic SCM for cold boot
firmware: qcom: scm: Generalize shared error map
firmware: qcom: scm: Convert to streaming DMA APIS
dts: qcom: apq8084: Add SCM firmware node
arm64: dts: msm8916: Add SCM firmware node
Kumar Gala (1):
firmware: qcom: scm: Add support for ARM64 SoCs
.../devicetree/bindings/firmware/qcom,scm.txt | 28 +++
arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom-apq8084.dtsi | 8 +
arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/msm8916.dtsi | 8 +
drivers/firmware/qcom_scm-32.c | 271 ++++++++-------------
drivers/firmware/qcom_scm-64.c | 199 ++++++++++++++-
drivers/firmware/qcom_scm.c | 171 ++++++++++++-
drivers/firmware/qcom_scm.h | 31 ++-
7 files changed, 523 insertions(+), 193 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/firmware/qcom,scm.txt
More information about the linux-arm-kernel