[resend v2: PATCH 1/2] dt-bindings: Document the hi3660 reset bindings

zhangfei zhangfei.gao at linaro.org
Thu Dec 1 16:21:33 PST 2016

Hi, Arnd

On 2016年12月01日 20:05, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Thursday, December 1, 2016 8:48:40 AM CET Zhangfei Gao wrote:
>> +               hisi,reset-bits = <0x20 0x8             /* 0: i2c0 */
>> +                                  0x20 0x10            /* 1: i2c1 */
>> +                                  0x20 0x20            /* 2: i2c2 */
>> +                                  0x20 0x8000000>;     /* 3: i2c6 */
>> +       };
>> +
>> +Specifying reset lines connected to IP modules
>> +==============================================
>> +example:
>> +
>> +        i2c0: i2c at ..... {
>> +                ...
>> +               resets = <&iomcu_rst 0>;
>> +                ...
>> +        };
> I don't really like this approach, since now the information is
> in two places. Why not put the data into the reset specifier
> directly when it is used?
Any example, still not understand.
They are consumer and provider.

> Also the format seems a little too close to the actual register
> layout and could be a little more abstract, using bit numbers instead
> of a bitmask and register numbers instead of offsets.
We use bit numbers first.
But in the developing process, we found several bits may be required for
one driver.
And they may not be continuous as the bits may already be occupied.
Directly using offset, we can set several bits together for simple, to
give more flexibility.
So after discussion, we directly use offset.

Thanks