[GIT PULL 2/2] omap1 sparse irq support for v4.2

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Thu May 21 09:54:14 PDT 2015

* Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com> [150521 08:52]:
> * Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> [150521 08:41]:
> > On Thursday 21 May 2015 07:58:41 Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > > * Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> [150521 05:13]:

> > > Hmm is this with make randconfig?
> >
> > Yes, all sorts of randconfig builds hit different parts here
> >
> > > What's the Kconfig option enabling these errors?
> >
> > From what I can tell, this is simply a result of enabling
> > CONFIG_SPARSE_IRQ, which results in linux/irq.h no longer
> > implicitly including  mach/hardware.h through mach/irqs.h.
>
> Hmm not seeing that here, well at least not with what I've
> tried so far.
>
> > You should be able to see these errors by just enabling
> > the respective drivers. The errors manifest as a long list
> > of undefined symbols like
> >
> > /git/arm-soc/arch/arm/mach-omap1/io.c:33:28: error: 'OMAP1_IO_OFFSET' undeclared here (not in a function)
> > /git/arm-soc/arch/arm/mach-omap1/io.c:43:14: error: 'OMAP7XX_DSP_BASE' undeclared here (not in a function)
> > /git/arm-soc/arch/arm/mach-omap1/serial.c:114:33: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
> > /git/arm-soc/arch/arm/mach-omap1/pm.c:217:23: error: 'ULPD_SOFT_DISABLE_REQ_REG' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > /git/arm-soc/drivers/video/fbdev/omap/sossi.c:608:17: error: 'MOD_CONF_CTRL_1' undeclared (first use in this function)
> >
> > Then again, it is possible that I only see the errors because of
> > an interaction with another patch from my randconfig fixes
> > series.
>
> I think there's something like that going on.. Maybe you're
> now enabling multiarch for omap1 in your branch?

OK got it triggered here too with randconfig builds now.
This seems to be related to not selecting some omap1 SoCs or
boards. I'll try to do a minimal fix for it today.

It seems the include changes you posted would be better done
by replacing the the dependencies to mach/irqs.h where possible
rather than adding more includes?

Regards,

Tony