BCM2836 (Raspberry Pi 2) port

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Tue May 12 15:03:38 PDT 2015

On 05/12/2015 11:32 AM, Eric Anholt wrote:
> Stephen Warren <swarren at wwwdotorg.org> writes:

>>> Shouldn't this then be part of the default raspberry (2 only?) environment?
>>
>> Eventually yes. So far, nobody seems to know which areas of RAM are
>> off-limits (presumably since the RAM is used as a CPU1..3 pen), so I was
>> experimenting to try and find that out.
>
> If I'm reading this right, the CPU1-3 pen is in the bottom 8k of memory
> (actually much less than 8k).

Hmm. I wondered if that was the case. I don't think anything I was doing
in U-Boot /should/ touch those pages, but there have been bugs before
where some pointer was left at NULL, and some DM (U-Boot Device Model)
code ended up putting structures in page 0 by mistake. Perhaps something
like that has resurfaced. I'll try to find time to diff page 0
before/after various U-Boot operations, and see if it's getting modified...