mx6 hdmi resolution behaviour

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Jun 23 09:44:43 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 01:41:46PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On a imx6q-cubox-i running 4.1 kernel I am getting 1920x1080 HDMI
> resolution if I boot the board with the HDMI cable connected.
>
> If I boot it without the HDMI cable and then connect it afterwards,
> the resolution goes to only 1024 x 768 and the following IPU message
> is seen:

If you have no connected connectors, then you get 1024x768:

imx-drm display-subsystem: No connectors reported connected with modes
[drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes - going 1024x768

as that's what DRM defaults to when it has no other timing information
available.

> [   16.310548] imx-ipuv3 2400000.ipu: videomode adapted for IPU restrictions

I don't see this message booting on a Hummingboard with HDMI
disconnected.

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 10.5Mbps down 400kbps up
according to speedtest.net.