[PATCH,v3 1/3] doc: dt: Update eTSEC bindings doc
claudiu.manoil at freescale.com
Tue Jul 28 07:43:54 PDT 2015
Update the eTSEC bindings document with missing info on
properties that are already in use for the PPC platforms:
* "tbi-phy" property;
* "fsl,etsec2" compatibility string;
Signed-off-by: Claudiu Manoil <claudiu.manoil at freescale.com>
v2 - none;
v3 - added "tbi-handle" documentation;
- fixed typo ("fsl,etsec2" is the correct string);
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/fsl-tsec-phy.txt | 5 ++++-
1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/fsl-tsec-phy.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/fsl-tsec-phy.txt
index 1e97532..325c07d 100644
@@ -45,12 +45,15 @@ Properties:
- device_type : Should be "network"
- model : Model of the device. Can be "TSEC", "eTSEC", or "FEC"
- - compatible : Should be "gianfar"
+ - compatible : "gianfar", "fsl,etsec2"
- reg : Offset and length of the register set for the device
- interrupts : For FEC devices, the first interrupt is the device's
interrupt. For TSEC and eTSEC devices, the first interrupt is
transmit, the second is receive, and the third is error.
- phy-handle : See ethernet.txt file in the same directory.
+ - tbi-handle : Handle to a tbi-phy node containing information about
+ the TBIPA register needed to initialize the TBI PHY. See
+ "TBI Internal MDIO bus", this document.
- fixed-link : See fixed-link.txt in the same directory.
- phy-connection-type : See ethernet.txt file in the same directory.
This property is only really needed if the connection is of type
More information about the linux-arm-kernel