[linux-sunxi] [RFC] ARM: dts: sunxi: Add regulators and board-specific operating points for LeMaker BananaPi

public_timo.s at silentcreek.de public_timo.s at silentcreek.de
Mon Jul 27 05:09:18 PDT 2015

Hi,

Hans de Goede schrieb am 27.07.2015 10:07:

> I've a simular patch here:
>
> https://github.com/jwrdegoede/linux-sunxi/commit/6a30b7d5be6012b81e5e1439a444e41c0ac1afc1
>
> I did not submit this upstream yet as it is part of a series to enable the otg
> controller on the bananapi which needs axp-usb-power-supply support for which
> the actual powersupply driver changes are still pending.
Oops, I see. Are you planning to submit this for 4.3 or later?

> As you can see other then you adding the cpu operating points are patches are
> identical, which is good :)
Yep, that and you chose a slightly higher maximum voltage for the CPU.

> IMHO we should just stick with the standard operating points unless we know
> that there are stability issues with them (such as e.g. on the A10 OlinuxIno
> Lime).
I'd be fine with that as I don't have any stability issues with the lower
voltages. What about the 1008MHz operating point that I "reintroduced"? It was
dropped here [1] because there was no regulator support. Can this be reenabled
on board level (which means overriding the defaults inherited from
sun7i-a20.dtsi) or should this be done at SOC level for all boards (which
means we have to add regulator nodes for all boards in the first place)?

Regards,

Timo

[1] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=370a9b5fb04a0d5cc7b7699c788616d6976f4476