[GIT PULL] ARM: EXYNOS: mach: Improvements for 4.3

Kukjin Kim kgene at kernel.org
Thu Jul 23 01:11:21 PDT 2015

Kukjin Kim wrote:

> Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > Cc-ed Bartlomiej,
> > >
> > > One issue found: splitting DTS change for Exynos 5250 cpufreq to
> > > separate branch will break bisectability. The commit "ARM: dts:
> > > Exynos5250: add CPU OPP and regulator supply property":
> > > 1. MUST be put after "clk: samsung: exynos5250: add cpu clock
> > > configuration data and instantiate cpu clock" to prevent build
> > > failures,
> > > 2. should be put before "ARM: Exynos: switch to using generic cpufreq
> > > driver for Exynos5250" to prevent lost cpufreq functionality.
> > >
> > > Doing otherwise would lose bisectability which is really unfortunate
> > > when you can simply avoid it. This should remain in the same branch -
> > > next/cpufreq-clk-samsung.
> >
> > Dear Kukjin,
> >
> > Nothing changed since yesterday... so let me point this in a more clear
> > way. The way you divided the patchset causes build errors:
> >
> > --------------
> > HEAD is now at 565872a601c4... ARM: dts: add CPU OPP and regulator
> > supply property for exynos5250
> >
> > ERROR: Failed build: -A arm -c exynos on
> > 565872a601c4d91a75b917b1fb40ff27ad7ebb08
> >
> > LOGS:
> > Error: ../arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5250.dtsi:65.21-22 syntax error
> > FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree
> > make[2]: *** [arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5250-arndale.dtb] Error 1
> > make[1]: *** [dtbs] Error 2
> > make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> > make: *** [sub-make] Error 2
> > --------------
> >
> > This breaks bisectability without any special valid reason.
> >
> Hi,
>
> I couldn't check e-mail yesterday because of annual health check.
> Anyway, I'll look at the error and handle it soon.

OK, the change for the include/dt-bindings/clock/exynos5250.h file which is in
next/cpufreq-clk-samsung branch should be provided in next/dt-samsung branch.
It should be fine tonight in my time.

One more thing, the splitting changes into dt and driver side would be required
generally and if it has dependency like this, proper merge topic branch is
required by maintainer. But I've missed last action :(

Thanks,
Kukjin