arm: dts: update for 4.2-rcx

Murali Karicheri m-karicheri2 at ti.com
Thu Jul 16 09:50:24 PDT 2015

On 07/16/2015 12:40 PM, santosh shilimkar wrote:
> On 7/16/2015 7:53 AM, Murali Karicheri wrote:
>> Santosh,
>>
>> Do you have my patch for https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/7/15/879 ?
>> This one should be applied to v4.2-rc kernel with priority.
>> Please review and do the needful.
>>
> Yes I have it for next merge window. It won't be qualified as a
> fix rather more of enhancement. Do you have also patches for
> board DTS files which enables PCIE. I can queue them together
> for next merge window.
No this is a fix for v4.2-rc. PCIe driver is not complete without having
a SerDes driver. Currently the version we send is not accepted since the
config blobs are used. On K2E EVM, this causes problem since the EVM has
Marvell SATA controller present and with default values in the SerDes
register, it seems to pass the PCIe link check, but causes issues since
the configuration is not correct. The manifestation is that when EVM is
booted with NFS rootfs, the boot hangs. We can't enable PCIe on this EVM
since to work, SerDes driver has to be present as well. So by default,
the PCIe DT binding should be disabled in SoC specific DTS. It can be
enabled in the board specific DTS when the SerDes device driver is also
present. We plan to upstream a common SerDes driver soon. But at this
point this has to be disabled by default.

I can provide more details if needed in the patch commit description,
but I though it is not correct to keep the PCIe DT bindings to be
enabled in the SoC specific DTS to begin with. So this is a fix for v4.2-rc.

Murali

--
Murali Karicheri
Linux Kernel, Keystone