Gemini Soc timers

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Sun Jul 12 14:06:03 PDT 2015

On Friday 10 July 2015 10:48:26 Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 6:48 PM, Roman Yeryomin <roman at advem.lv> wrote:
> > [Me]
> >> As usual they are just keeping it out of mainline, and this
> >> is adding sched_clock() and other goodies so should
> >> probably be upstreamed ASAP.
> >

> > This is what I initially submitted here.
>
> Ah. I missed part of the start of the discussion it seems.
>
> > But Arnd wanted to see a smaller patch which only fixes gemini timer issue
> > (t.i. shed clock being 100Hz instead of 25MHz).
> > Also I've submitted 4.1 support yesterday, but patches didn't change much
> > comparing to 3.18
>
> On the other hand I think the bigger patch is OK actually.
>
> I rewrote the timer support some time back and did not get
> anyone to test it properly at the time, so the patch went in
> untested. So this is a fix.

The bigger patch seemed a little too verbose to have it backported
to stable kernels, so I asked for a minimal fix that could be marked
as stable, with the other changes applied on top for the current
arm-soc tree.

I'm still on parental leave and not dealing with patches directly,
so whichever patch we want should get routed through Ulli to arm at kernel.org

	Arnd