weird behavior of get/set_fiq_regs()

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Mon Jul 6 14:35:35 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 11:04:45PM +0200, Holger Schurig wrote:
> Why?  I was under the impression that the assembly code from my *.S
> routine get's copied directly after the exception vectors. Why would
> it matter if the bytes between myfiq_start and myfiq_end come from a
> module or from somewhere else?

By "FIQ handlers in module code", I mean executing them in module code.
Using the provided function to copy the code out of the module means
that any problems associated with lazy page table propagation are
avoided.

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 10.5Mbps down 400kbps up
according to speedtest.net.