crypto: marvell/CESA: Issues with non cache-line aligned buffers

Andrew Lunn andrew at lunn.ch
Fri Jul 3 07:41:16 PDT 2015

> A few other things I notice when looking at this code:
>
>         /* Not all platforms can gate the clock, so it is not
>            an error if the clock does not exists. */
>         cp->clk = clk_get(&pdev->dev, NULL);
>         if (!IS_ERR(cp->clk))
>                 clk_prepare_enable(cp->clk);
>
> So, if clk_get() returns PTR_ERR(-EPROBE_DEFER) we treat that clock as
> missing?  Is that really the behaviour you want there?

Hi Russell

I probably added that to the older driver and it got copied into the
newer one.

The clock it is using is added to the system using CLK_OF_DECLARE()
This results in an entry in the __clk_of_table table. That table is
walked in of_clk_init(), which is called by time_init() in
arch/arc/kernel/time.c, early in the boot.

If we get -EPROBE_DEFER, something is seriously wrong.

   Andrew