[linux-sunxi] Re: BUG - Bananapi USB not working on Mainline

m.silentcreek at gmail.com m.silentcreek at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 06:42:07 PST 2015

Hi Hans,
Hi Maxime,

Am Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2015 08:38:52 UTC+1 schrieb David Tulloh:
> On 20 December 2015 at 08:39,  <m.sile... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I found the solution! The problem is CONFIG_AXP20X_POWER which was introduced in 4.4-rc1 but defaults to no and not set in sunxi_defconfig. Adding CONFIG_AXP20X_POWER=y to sunxi_defconfig solves that and get's my USB devices working again on linux 4.4-rc5. I actually brought that up on IRC once, but at that time nobody seemed to know so I forgot it again.
>
> Thanks Timo,
>
> I can confirm that adding CONFIG_AXP20X_POWER=y to sunxi_defconfig works for me as well.

Is this considered an issue worthwhile to be addressed before the release of 4.4?

The way I see it is that USB support is broken on A10/20 in mainline for anybody who builds on sunxi_defconfig or multi_v7_defconfig at the moment.

I think we should either have CONFIG_PHY_SUN4I_USB select CONFIG_AXP20X_POWER automatically (my preferred solution) or at least add it to sunxi_defconfig and multi_v7_defconfig.

I'd be glad to submit a short patch for it depending on your viewpoint.

Best wishes and happy holidays,

Timo