BUG - Bananapi USB not working on Mainline

m.silentcreek at gmail.com m.silentcreek at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 13:39:36 PST 2015

Hi,

Am Samstag, 19. Dezember 2015 20:38:08 UTC+1 schrieb Hans de Goede:
> The sunxi usb-phy driver now requires extcon (due to the added otg support), maybe the defconfig is not enabling extcon and thereby you are not getting the sunxi usb-phy driver build, or not build-in at least ?
>
> Can you edit .config after the make defconfig and see what the value for CONFIG_PHY_SUN4I_USB is ?

I found the solution! The problem is CONFIG_AXP20X_POWER which was introduced in 4.4-rc1 but defaults to no and not set in sunxi_defconfig. Adding CONFIG_AXP20X_POWER=y to sunxi_defconfig solves that and get's my USB devices working again on linux 4.4-rc5. I actually brought that up on IRC once, but at that time nobody seemed to know so I forgot it again.

Anyway, wouldn't it be a better to just have it automatically be selected when e.g. CONFIG_PHY_SUN4I_USB or something else that depends on it is enabled?

Regards,

Timo