n900: kernel cmdline from bootloader in DT mode

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Wed Nov 26 07:22:00 PST 2014

On Wed 2014-11-26 14:36:42, Pali Rohár wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 November 2014 14:28:01 Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > > for some unknown reasons when I compile kernel for n900 in
> > > DT mode it ignore cmdline passed by bootloader. When I
> > > comment
> > >
> > > CONFIG_ARM_APPENDED_DTB=y
> > >
> > > then it boots into legacy board mode and cmdline is used
> > > from bootloader.
> > >
> > > When is problem?
> >
> > It seems to work for me, I'm booting using 0xffff, with
> > attached config.
> > 									Pavel
>
> Can you try to set some "root=something" into CONFIG_CMDLINE and
> then add real "root=" param via 0xffff?
>
> My problem is that I have specified ubifs mtd root in
> CONFIG_CMDLINE and when I set correct root via bootloader (from
> 0xffff or flasher-3.5) it is ignored and used only what is
> specified in CONFIG_CMDLINE.

CONFIG_ARM_ATAG_DTB_COMPAT=y
CONFIG_ARM_ATAG_DTB_COMPAT_CMDLINE_FROM_BOOTLOADER=y
# CONFIG_ARM_ATAG_DTB_COMPAT_CMDLINE_EXTEND is not set
CONFIG_CMDLINE="console=ttyO2,115200 console=tty"

Um.. Internal commandline should be completely ignored for me.

Do you have CONFIG_ARM_ATAG_DTB_COMPAT_CMDLINE_FROM_BOOTLOADER?

									Pavel