n900: kernel cmdline from bootloader in DT mode

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 05:36:42 PST 2014

On Wednesday 26 November 2014 14:28:01 Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > for some unknown reasons when I compile kernel for n900 in
> > DT mode it ignore cmdline passed by bootloader. When I
> > comment
> >
> > CONFIG_ARM_APPENDED_DTB=y
> >
> > then it boots into legacy board mode and cmdline is used
> > from bootloader.
> >
> > When is problem?
>
> It seems to work for me, I'm booting using 0xffff, with
> attached config.
> 									Pavel

Can you try to set some "root=something" into CONFIG_CMDLINE and
then add real "root=" param via 0xffff?

My problem is that I have specified ubifs mtd root in
CONFIG_CMDLINE and when I set correct root via bootloader (from
0xffff or flasher-3.5) it is ignored and used only what is
specified in CONFIG_CMDLINE.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com