iMX6Q FEC: transmit queue 0 timed out

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Wed Jun 4 06:50:47 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 01:50:54PM +0200, Holger Schurig wrote:
> The PHY can be controlled if he creates or consume the REF CLK with
> the signal on it's pin nINTSEL during the low->high transition of the
> reset. I guess that whoever toggles this (i must dig into it, but the
> reset pin is described in the device tree) doesn't care (or can't
> care) how nINTSEL is set and so in Linux mode the modes of the two
> devices don't harmonize.

It sounds like you need to add appropriate pull-ups/pull-downs on the
iMX6 configure the phy.  This is why imx6qdl-microsom-ar8035.dtsi has
different settings from the normal RGMII pullups/downs - in the case
of AR8035, a number of pins including the receive pins determine reset
options.  See the comments in that file concerning "pin strapping".

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: now at 9.7Mbps down 460kbps up... slowly
improving, and getting towards what was expected from it.