[GIT PULL] msm drm update for component changes

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Wed Jul 9 05:26:45 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 06:56:14AM -0400, Rob Clark wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 5:34 AM, Russell King <rmk at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> > David,
> >
> > Please incorporate the latest msm drm update for component changes, which can be found at:
> >
> >   git://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/linux-arm.git component-for-drm
> >
> > with SHA1 84448288546d13d7e06fd6638fb78ddff559b399.
> >
> > This updates the MSM's DRM driver for the updates merged in Greg's
> > driver-core tree, converting MSM to use the pre-declared array of
> > matches rather than walking the device tree each time we try to bind.
>
> Hey Russell, do you want me to take this for my v3.17 pull req?  I
> expect there will be some minor conflicts with the DT support I'm
> working on at the moment.
>
> Or does this need to be applied together with the rest of the series?
> In which case, maybe it should go first, and then I'd rebase msm-next
> on top.

The patch for MSM is dependent on the component changes, which have
already been merged by Greg for the driver-core tree.  I don't have
anything following this, so if you instead want to merge my
component-for-driver branch (which is what Greg's pulled, which is a
sub-set of this pull), and then add this patch on top of your
development, that's fine too.

The only reason it's a pull request and not a single patch is to ensure
that the previous component commits don't end up being duplicated with
different commit IDs across several trees by being applied independently
as patches (which can end up causing unnecessary git conflicts.)

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: now at 9.5Mbps down 400kbps up.