Information about Atmel MXT224

Peter Meerwald pmeerw at pmeerw.net
Wed Jan 8 07:50:02 EST 2014

Hello,

> I am in Belgium and we deal with Gleichmann & Co. Electronics in Germany to
> have their devkit (SMT-C-T10). I have signed a NDA with them to have MXT224
> protocol guide but they never send me Protocol Guide.
> I will try another distributor.

just ask harder; I got it from them

> > something goes wrong in the initialization; the object table of the
> > chip doesn't match the register data fed in -- the mxt224 can be a bitch
> > and play dead

> So what can I do ? Maybe a problem with the embedded firmware that need an
> update (atmel_mxt_ts 0-004b: Family ID: 129 Variant ID: 1 Major.Minor.Build:
> 2.0.AB)

you need to understand the object table and see what object leads to the
invalid object message; there is some mismatch between the driver and the
chip

> When I do cat /proc/interrupts and I short-circuit /CHG to ground, number
> increases so low-level handling of interrupt is working.

if I remember correctly, the mxt224 does periodic interrupts (200ms?)
when something is wrong with the config

regards, p.

--

Peter Meerwald