Information about Atmel MXT224

Gaëtan Carlier gcembed at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 07:24:22 EST 2014

On 01/08/2014 12:42 PM, Peter Meerwald wrote:

> you need to request them from the distributor I guess, they docs are
> pretty good

I am in Belgium and we deal with Gleichmann & Co. Electronics in Germany
to have their devkit (SMT-C-T10). I have signed a NDA with them to have
MXT224 protocol guide but they never send me Protocol Guide.
I will try another distributor.

> shouldn't this be 16/14?
You are right, I already try this and test it again but this does not
change anything.

> something goes wrong in the initialization; the object table of the
> chip doesn't match the register data fed in -- the mxt224 can be a bitch
> and play dead

So what can I do ? Maybe a problem with the embedded firmware that need
an update (atmel_mxt_ts 0-004b: Family ID: 129 Variant ID: 1
Major.Minor.Build: 2.0.AB)

When I do cat /proc/interrupts and I short-circuit /CHG to ground,
number increases so low-level handling of interrupt is working.

Thanks,
Gaëtan Carlier.