SA110 MMU problem, any hints?

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Feb 25 19:02:06 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 12:49:40AM +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> after doing some painful bringup on a Netwinder
> machine, I have run into an unspecified MMU bug on the SA110.
> Basically the kernel bootstrap bugs out before start_kernel()
> so it's on a very basic level.
>
> If I turn off CONFIG_MMU it actually boots all the way until attempting
> to mount root, with boot logo, VGA console and everything.
>
> Given  that you made some Footbridge patches recently I guess
> you have it working? No special tweaks?

3.12 and 3.12.6 runs fine here on two different footbridge platforms.
I haven't tried it on the netwinder though (they're a little noisy in
comparison with other stuff.)

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: now at 9.7Mbps down 460kbps up... slowly
improving, and getting towards what was expected from it.