[PATCH v4 00/16] mfd: max14577: Add support for MAX77836
k.kozlowski at samsung.com
Mon Feb 24 05:10:25 EST 2014
This is fourth version of patchset adding support for MAX77836 device
to the max14577 driver.
Lee Jones suggested that after obtaining acks from all maintainers he can
merged these patches to his tree. These patches touch different subsystems
(charger/power, regulator, extcon and mfd) so this would be probably the best
way to merge everything. I would be glad if I could get missing acks
Changes since v3
1. Applied minor fixes (pointed by Lee Jones).
2. Added one ACK (Lee Jones) and Review-by (Tomasz Figa).
3. Patch 14/charger: Minor change in parsing EOC value from DTS.
4. Rebased on next-20140224.
Changes since v2
1. Added ACK-s.
2. Applied minor checkpatch fixes (pointed by Lee Jones).
3. Rebased on next-20140217.
Changes since v1
1. Added ACK-s, reviews and tested-by tags.
2. Removed applied patches (they were merged to the linux-next tree).
3. Applied comments from review (Lee Jones) to 5/15 (detection of device type)
and 8/15 (add max77836 support to max14577).
4. Rebased on next tree.
5. Added patch 13 and 14 (pointed by Jenny Tc):
- regulator/mfd: max14577: Export symbols for calculating charger current
- charger: max14577: Configure battery-dependent settings from DTS
6. Updated bindings documentation with new charger bindings.
- [PATCH 00/18] mfd: max14577: Add support for MAX77836
The MAX77836 is almost the same as MAX14577. Basically it is an extended
version of MAX14577. The chipsets have same MUIC component so the extcon,
charger and regulators require only little adjustments. More changes were
needed in the charger (because it uses lower charging current) and regulator
drivers (because mentioned different charing current and additional
regulators). The MAX77836 has also PMIC and Fuel Gauge (which is the same
as MAX17040/17048 Fuel Gauge).
The MAX77836 uses three I2C slave addresses and has additional interrupts
(related to PMIC and Fuel Gauge). It has also Interrupt Source register,
just like MAX77686 and MAX77693.
The patchset is organized in following way:
1. Patches from 1 to 7 prepare the driver for supporting MAX77836. They
mostly rename symbols and add additional logic related to different
2. Patches from 8 to 12 add support for MAX77836.
3. Patches 13 and 14 remove hard-coded charger configuration with DTS. They
were added after review on mailing lists.
4. Patch 15 adds bindings documentation, which was not merged previously.
5. Patch 16 adds SUSPEND mode to the regulator driver.
The patchset is based on linux-next tree and depends on patches from previous
release which are already merged into next.
Testing was done on 3.10.
TODO: Merge max14577, max77686 and max77693 into one common driver. They are
Chanwoo Choi (1):
extcon: max14577: Change extcon name instead of static name according
to device type
Krzysztof Kozlowski (15):
mfd: max14577: Rename and add MAX14577 symbols to prepare for
mfd: max14577: Rename state container to maxim_core
mfd: max14577: Add "muic" suffix to regmap and irq_chip
mfd: max14577: Add detection of device type
extcon: max14577: Add max14577 prefix to muic_irqs
extcon: max14577: Choose muic_irqs according to device type
mfd: max77836: Add max77836 support to max14577 driver
extcon: max14577: Add support for max77836
regulator: max14577: Add support for max77836 regulators
charger: max14577: Add support for MAX77836 charger
power: max17040: Add ID for max77836 Fuel Gauge block
regulator/mfd: max14577: Export symbols for calculating charger
charger: max14577: Configure battery-dependent settings from DTS
mfd: max14577: Add device tree bindings document
regulator: max14577: Implement SUSPEND mode for MAX77836 LDO-s
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/max14577.txt | 149 +++++
drivers/extcon/extcon-max14577.c | 274 +++++----
drivers/mfd/max14577.c | 475 +++++++++++++---
drivers/power/max14577_charger.c | 361 +++++++++---
drivers/power/max17040_battery.c | 1 +
drivers/regulator/max14577.c | 334 ++++++++---
include/linux/mfd/max14577-private.h | 586 ++++++++++++--------
include/linux/mfd/max14577.h | 50 +-
8 files changed, 1697 insertions(+), 533 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/max14577.txt
More information about the linux-arm-kernel