Stuck getting DTS working for a new kirkwood board

Dashie dashie at sigpipe.me
Sat Feb 22 14:00:04 EST 2014

Hi,

On 02/21/2014 09:08 PM, Jason Cooper wrote:
>> Well, with kirkwood_defconfig it doesn't find the SATA PHY and panic.
>> So i've used my debian config, make oldconfig, built and ... the toy is
>> booting.
> Yes, this is a known issue.  You worked around it by enabling generic
> phy support (it's most likely in the other configs).
Well, i've done some more tests and found that i've commented the
sata at 80000 {} part of the DTS, but does not remember if that was after
trying "debian config".

If i uncomment it, i got the kernel panic with "sata_mv f1080000.sata:
unable to find phy".

About generic phy, is it CONFIG_GENERIC_PHY ? I't already to =y in my
.config actually.
I have CONFIG_PHY_MVEBU_SATA=y and CONFIG_SATA_MV=y too.

Dashie.