imx6: usbhc2/3 and HSIC

Christian Gmeiner christian.gmeiner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 07:55:05 EST 2014

> Hi Lucas
>
> 2014-01-27 Lucas Stach <l.stach at pengutronix.de>:
>> Hi Christian,
>>
>> Am Montag, den 27.01.2014, 10:22 +0100 schrieb Christian Gmeiner:
>>> Hi all...
>>>
>>> does anyone used the usbhc2 or usbhc3 in HSIC mode? I am trying my
>>> luck but I do not
>>> get it to work. Is there anything special I need to take care of?
>>>
>> I remember we had this working on a board back in the 3.10 days. The
>> only thing I remember which is specific to HSIC is in the attached
>> patch. This isn't really clean and should be done in a better way for
>> mainline, but maybe it provides some pointers for you.
>>

> Thanks for the small patch... I got it almost working - the HSIC
> device seems to have some problems.
> I hope to find some time soon to get this stuff into mainline.

It does not work :(

Here are some logs: http://dpaste.com/hold/1617947/
It looks like EHCI takes over and does one port (the HSIC?). The problem
seems now that the port never changes its status to connected, but I am
100% sure that there is a LAN9730 [1] connected to that usbhc.

[1] http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?product=LAN9730

greets
--
Christian Gmeiner, MSc