Oops: 17 SMP ARM (v3.16-rc2)

Iain Paton ipaton0 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 02:39:09 PDT 2014

On 19/08/14 07:03, Iain Paton wrote:
> On 17/08/14 22:46, Fabio Estevam wrote:
>> Iain,

>>> Mattis,
>>>
>>> What sort of time does it take for you to see a problem?
>>>
>>> I've been running the above for nearly two days on 3.16.0 on a board
>>> with fec interrupts routed through gpio_6 and haven't seen a hint of
>>> a problem.
>>
>> Thanks for testing.
>>
>> Which mx6 board have you used on this test?
>
> It's currently pointed at a RIoTboard (atheros phy) but I'm happy to
> try it against both a Sabre-Lite and a Wandboard B1, all running the
> same kernel binary, as well.
>
> I'm interested enough in why different people get different results
> with this that I'll put some time towards testing to try to help
> narrow down the cause.

two and a half days of running this against both a sabre-lite and a
wandboard quad B1 and I still have no reason to think there's any
sort of a problem.

Up to now, my testing has been done with my own config, I'll now
repeat the whole thing using the config Mattis posted to see if
I can reproduce it that way.

Suggestions on a better / easier / quicker way to reproduce it are
welcome.