[GIT PULL] at91: move of AIC drivers for 3.17: fixes #1

Jason Cooper jason at lakedaemon.net
Fri Aug 15 07:22:25 PDT 2014

Nicolas,

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 05:45:56PM +0200, Nicolas Ferre wrote:
> Arnd, Olof, Kevin,
>
> Boris moved both of our AIC drivers to their new home: the drivers/irqchip
> directory taking advantage of the genirc framework. For DT-enabled SoCs, we can
> use these drivers (aic and aic5) right now: Jason merged them and they are
> available in early 3.17 merge window.
> So, I build this pull-request for enabling the use of these drivers now as:
> - we are very early in 3.17 development
> - it allowed us to avoid having to depend on Jason's branch before the opening
>   of the merge window

Then why did I create a topic branch for you to base on?

  git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux.git irqchip/atmel-aic

> - it removes some code from the mach-at91 directory: including the whole
>   aic5 driver
> - we'd have quite a bit of time to solve issues if we found a bug
> - the code is basically moved so it should be error free.

Well, this is certainly up to Arnd, Olof and Kevin, but it seems a bit
unusual.  You're basically asking to merge changes into the current window
that has had _no_ time in -next...  Sounds like a recipe for trouble to
me.

In the future, please let me know if you're not going to need a topic
branch.

thx,

Jason.