randconfig failures - MMC + trusted foundations

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Sun Apr 27 03:33:02 PDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 07:09:31PM +0900, Alexandre Courbot wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 6:32 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
> <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> > Last night's versatile randconfig build:
> >
> > drivers/mmc/core/core.c: In function 'mmc_card_power_up':
> > drivers/mmc/core/core.c:1517:4: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpiod_set_value'
> >
> > This one appears to be a regular feature of failure, and is as I'm
> > carrying Olof's "mmc: add support for power-on sequencing through DT"
> > patch for CuBox wireless - see the 222 patch set.  It probably points
> > at something not being right with GPIO stuff.
>
> I had a quick look at the patch and I would say this is happening
> because drivers/mmc/core/core.c does not include
> <linux/gpio/consumer.h> despite using the gpiod_* functions. The error
> will only happen if CONFIG_GPIOLIB is not defined. Olof, if it is not
> too late can you fix this in your patch series?

I received a report from someone else last week (in the mmc patch series
I posted) that Chris has already merged this into his mmc tree, so I
think it would need to be a follow on patch.

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: now at 9.7Mbps down 460kbps up... slowly
improving, and getting towards what was expected from it.