ARM: mm: Could I change module space size or place modules in vmalloc area?

Jianguo Wu wujianguo at huawei.com
Fri Apr 25 19:12:40 PDT 2014

On 2014/1/3 8:47, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 09:39:31AM +0900, Gioh Kim wrote:
>> Thank you for reply.

Hi Russell ,Arnd or Will,

I encountered the same situation in arm64, I loaded 80+ modules in arm64, and
run out of module address space(64M). Why the module space is restricted to 64M,
can it be expanded?

In commit 257cb2519(arm64: Loadable modules), it mentioned that " Loadable modules
are loaded 64MB below the kernel image due to branch relocation restrictions",
"branch relocation restrictions" is a AArch64 instruction set restrictions?

Thanks,
Jianguo Wu.