set_fiq_handler: Bad mode in data abort handler detected

Tim Sander tim at krieglstein.org
Thu Apr 24 07:33:38 PDT 2014

Hi Russell and List
<snip>
> In years gone by, I'd have recommended that the kernel mappings for
> this stuff were done via static mappings, but with DT, that's no
> longer acceptable.  So I guess we have a problem...
To verify that your very plausible hypothesis is right i tried:
timer_memory = __arm_ioremap(0x4280000>>PAGE_SHIFT,0x1000,MT_MEMORY); //also tried MT_DEVICE

the memory at early boot in "zynq_init_late". But this fails and gives
the following error:

WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1 at arch/arm/mm/ioremap.c:301 __arm_ioremap_pfn_caller+0x100/0x184()
which seems to be the only WARN_ON which shows that the pfn is invalid.

Any hints why this call to __arm_ioremap fails?

Also i tried to map with ioremap_nocache during module load but i
guess this information also gets propagated lazy so it also didn't
work.

Best regards
Tim