Rockchip RK3188 I2C driver

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Thu Apr 17 16:10:12 PDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 03:27:36PM +0200, Heiko Stübner wrote:

> Interestingly, when looking through the regmap_config struct, it already
> contains the "write_flag_mask", described as "Mask to be set in the top byte of
> the register when doing  a write.", which sounds a lot like what we need, only
> that it's two bytes for us instead of the current one.

> So I guess the easiest way would be to make write_flag_mask somehow usable for
> us, because it looks like regmap will handle the rest on its own already.

> And then teach syscon to set this flag and about volatile registers in general,
> because it doesn't seem to handle them yet.

How about a val_set_bits_mask or something?  That's not a good name, I'm
short on inspiration right now though.

Another option is to do something with pad_bits to tell regmap to insert
a block of set bits.  Not sure if that's sensible for MMIO though, it's
more sensible for I2C or SPI style register maps.