Armada XP (mvebu) PCIe memory (BAR/window) re-allocation

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Mon Apr 7 09:45:36 PDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 02:03:55PM +0100, Matthew Minter wrote:

> However I am somewhat stumped on where to look next. I am going to

Things to try:
 - Look at the PCI Interrupt Cause Register, see this message
   from Thomas and the related thread:
 http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg318400.html
   Do this before and after the faulting instruction. If it doesn't
   change then the fault is generated internally to the SOC
 - diff the lspci -vv output against the non-hotplug case that works
 - Dump and verify all the mbus registers, not just through debugfs.
 - Check if the PLX has some special sequence required
   to hotplug

Cheers,
Jason