[RESEND: RFC PATCH 3/3] pcie: keystone: add pcie driver based on designware core driver

Murali Karicheri m-karicheri2 at ti.com
Mon Apr 7 09:38:23 PDT 2014

On 3/25/2014 12:54 PM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 08:44:36AM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>
>> I have no idea how this would work with the standard interrupt-map property,
>> since the legacy interrupt host is now the same device as the pci host.
>>
>> Maybe it's better to move the legacy irqchip handling entirely out of
>> the driver and use a separate device node for the registers so it can
>> come with its own #interrupt-cells, and then refer to this irqchip from
>> the interrupt-map.
> The other DW PCI-E drivers are being fixed to use interrupt-map, so I
> think this driver should be fixed before it goes in as well.
Jason,

Could you send me a patch reference or branch that I can review to
better understand
changes required in my driver to use the bindings you have described below?

Murali
> Other PCI-E hosts have handled this particular problem with a
> construction like this:
>
>         pcie at 21800000 {
>                 compatible = "ti,keystone2-pcie";
>                 device_type = "pci";
>                 #address-cells = <3>;
>                 #size-cells = <2>;
>                 #interrupt-cells = <1>;
> 	       reg = ..
>
>                 pcie_intc: interrupt-controller {
>                    interrupt-controller;
> 		  #address-cells = <0>;
>                    #interrupt-cells = <1>;
>                 }
>
>                 interrupts =  ... enough to decode INTx;
>
> 	       interrtup-map = <0 0 0 1 &pcie_intc 1>, // INT A
> 	                       <0 0 0 2 &pcie_intc 2>, // INT B
>                                 <0 0 0 3 &pcie_intc 3>, // INT C
>                                 <0 0 0 4 &pcie_intc 4>; // INT D
>         }
>
> When the legacy irq domain is created it should be bound to the
> pcie_intc node, not to pcie node.
>
> ks_pcie_map_irq should be removed.
The latest dw core driver still had map_irq() being provided by the driver.
So any patch reference will help me understand that you describe here.

Thanks

Murali