Vexpress config

Pawel Moll pawel.moll at arm.com
Tue Sep 24 06:17:47 EDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-09-22 at 11:07 +0100, melwyn lobo wrote:
> 1. ARM pl11x CLCD driver fails (only clcd, whereas other peripherals
> initialization is OK) :
>
> clcd-pl11x: probe of 1c1f0000.clcd failed with error -22
>
> On running prebuilt images from linaro releases site, they work just
> fine on CA15x4 with four clean TUX logos on the simulated CLCD screen.

This is - unfortunately - expected. The CLCD driver in main line does
not speak Device Tree yet. Linaro kernels carry some early version of
patches changing that. The latest version is being discussed here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.devicetree/44721

> 2. I don't have an initrd which boot till shell prompt. It could just
> be a problem with my image but I would really like to have a clean
> working initrd to start with. (Don't want to use Linaro's becuase they
> boot till Android home screen)

No offence meant, but this is already your problem ;-) Definitely
nothing to do with Versatile Express.

Paweł