[GIT PULL] ARM: SoC fixes for 3.12-rc

Brian Norris computersforpeace at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 20:44:57 EDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Woodhouse, David
<david.woodhouse at intel.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-09-19 at 15:57 -0700, Brian Norris wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Woodhouse, David
>> <david.woodhouse at intel.com> wrote:

>> > Thanks for pulling that in. Apologies for the screwup.
>>
>> Speaking of such process issues: there's an outstanding patch for a
>> (small) memory leak that was introduced in the nand_base.c ONFI code
>> in 3.12-rc1. Can I expect you to attend to these sort of -rcX (where X
>> > 1) issues? Or should I send Linus the patch myself? I don't really
>> want it to wait around until 3.13-rc1 to go to -stable.
>
> I'm aware of it, and will get to it shortly. Was going to round it up
> along with the one that Olof just sent, either some time this week at
> Plumbers or when I get home.
>
> If you want to stick it in the linux-mtd.git tree before that and send
> Linus a pull request, I have no objection.

If you're up to it, then you can take it. I'll take it myself if I
feel it's getting too late. The problem is just when I can't
differentiate your quiet awareness from oblivion (or obliviousness?).

> Does that m25p80 'fix 4 byte addressing' fix for Micron not also want to
> go in?

I suppose the m25p80 one can go in as well. It's not so much a bugfix
as augmenting my original patch to support more devices. But it is
safe enough.

Brian