Inte IOP Xscale updates

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Tue Sep 3 08:01:45 EDT 2013

Hi XScale folks,

I haven't really seen any functional patches or confirmation that the
XScale machines in arch/arm/iop* are even booting since 2010 or
so.

Can you confirm that you boot-test these machines regularly?

I am worried that we maintain code that is not used or even working
see.

What are your thought about multiplatform and device tree? I am
pretty certain that if the iop machines were converted to device tree
we could collapse these machines into one directory with few files,
but I may be wrong.

Yours,
Linus Walleij