STOP THE MADNESS

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Tue Nov 26 17:09:43 EST 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Rob Herring <robherring2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> IMO, the whole commit causing this problem should be reverted for
> additional reasons. Irq generic chp and irqdomains are orthogonal
> features/infrastructure and should not be mutually exclusive. We need
> to fix irq generic chip.

This cannot be easily reverted due to a lot of code and fixes building
on top of it, and even if it could I guess it will also break device tree
use on these: git grep pl061 arch/arm/boot/dts

As DT mandates that the irqdomain be used, or it cannot translate
the IRQs as before this patch it uses an hard-coded base from
platform data. This is one of those odd drivers that don't need
one line of DT-specific code in it to work with device tree, yet
it works.

I guess what I have to do is take out the very board Russell has
and that I happen to have also and just get to the bottom of this
bug and fix it and test it.

A pointer to an "ideal" GPIO chip + irq_chip driver would be highly
appreciated ...

Yours,
Linus Walleij