[GIT PULL][for 3.14] pull request to enable Hisilicon SoC from pxa git tree

Haojian Zhuang haojian.zhuang at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 00:18:59 EST 2013

On 11/25/2013 12:05 PM, Olof Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Haojian Zhuang
> <haojian.zhuang at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Olof & Kevin,
>>
>> Here's the pull request from pxa git tree to enable Hisilicon Hi3620 SoC.
>> Please help to merge.
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Haojian
>>
>> The following changes since commit 6ce4eac1f600b34f2f7f58f9cd8f0503d79e42ae:
>>
>>    Linux 3.13-rc1 (2013-11-22 11:30:55 -0800)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>    http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/hzhuang1/linux.git
>> tags/hisilicon-init
>
> Hi,
>
> Overall this looks good, but I do have a few comments:
>
> First, I had a comment on one of the patches. It's your choice if you
> want to address it by respinning or by an incremental patch on top,
> but please address those.

Let me fix those. And send a second pull request.

> Second, it seems appropriate for you to start a second git tree for
> hisilicon, instead of reusing the pxa one -- at least if you expect
> more activity on that platform over time. You can create new trees on
> kernel.org as you see fit, so there's no reason not to.

Since hisilicon guys want to maintainer their SoC by themselves. This
patch set submitted by me is temporary in my git tree. They'll take over
my job in these weeks. So they'll submit pull request instead, and I'll
only submit patches.

And this git tree will be only used for pxa/mmp since github isn't
preferred. I'll update the MAINTAINER document instead.

> Thirdly, I noticed some patches have a Signed-off-by from your linaro
> address, and a committer ID of your gmail account. Please be
> consistent in which one you use since last S-o-b and committer should
> match -- you might want to reconfigure git to use the linaro one but
> either way is fine with me as long as it is consistent.

OK. Let me make them consistent.

> Finally, you've had a lot of review cycles, but surprisingly not many
> acked-by's on the final patches. See if you can get some out of the
> people whose feedback you have addressed.

Let me try.

Best Regards
Haojian