CMA on AArch64

Catalin Marinas catalin.marinas at arm.com
Thu Nov 21 07:06:00 EST 2013

Hi Laura,

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 09:41:18PM +0000, Laura Abbott wrote:
> I noticed there is currently no CMA support for AArch64. Is this already
> on someone's TODO list or is this still open?

It's more like a wish list but there were other things that took
priority. The arm64 DMA mapping code currently only supports swiotlb and
our next plan is for IOMMU mapping. But I would like parts of the DMA
IOMMU code under arch/arm to be made into a library (similar to the
lib/swiotlb.c) so that other architectures can easily make use of it.

Yet another feature is DMA cache coherency management (primarily
streaming DMA) and I have a patch but I want this driven via DT rather
than drivers or SoC code calling set_dma_ops explicitly (the bindings
definition is work in progress).

Anyway, I think the CMA support wouldn't interfere much with the above
and could be merged. If you have time, please feel free to send some
patches ;).

--
Catalin